Monday, April 14, 2008

Lunch Box Blues

So, many of you know that I'm nearly famous for my lunch box kit. It came up in both my parent teacher conferences for the WG. Apparently, she's just as anal about it as I am. Anyhow, I'm always searching for something beyond peanut butter and jelly. Since the WG isn't a lover of cold cuts, it's tough. Here is my most recent find.
















Lunch Box Pizzas (Adapted from All Recipes.com)
WG loves these tiny half muffin/half pizzas. Admittedly, I do too. The only struggle I have is how to not eat two or three as they come out of the oven. They refrigerate well, and she doesn't mind them at room temp.


1 (7.5 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup pizza sauce
Toppings of your kiddos preference (I use finely diced red onion, red pepper and chopped olives for WG)


3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
DIRECTIONS
I separated each each in half. I use the flaky layers biscuits so it's easy. Then, press each half into a greased muffin cup. Spoon 1 teaspoonful of pizza sauce into each cup. Top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese and your toppings. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.

No comments: